Not Quite Ready for Prime Time

My humblest apologies for not having a new video on the week of June 16th. It was more of a challenge than expected, and rather release something I wasn’t happy with, I will leave a pause this week.

Unfortunately there is no time to start another as I must prepare for an upcoming travel. Lots of new adventures to follow!

The Images are a preview of the project I started. Hopefully it will be released at a later date. Thanks! SP

Posted in

Slim Potatohead

8 Comments

1. Ms_Kraftee on July 9, 2020 at 4:12 pm

Hi Slim – I look forward to this video when it’s ready. I’m wondering if the CA-US border closure is going to affect your travel plans?

• Slim Potatohead on July 10, 2020 at 1:56 pm

Absolutely. I can’t even go across Canada right now. SP

• Ms_Kraftee on July 13, 2020 at 3:09 am

Oh, wow, I didn’t realize that! I guess you’ll be getting to know your province even better!

2. Rob on July 4, 2020 at 5:36 pm

Hey Slim! I’m so glad I found your channel; every new video is a pleasant surprise, and they’ve been especially appreciated while we’re all stuck indoors.

If you’re taking requests, one thing I’d love to see is more behind-the-scenes videos. I’m amazed at the quality of footage you can get as a one-man operation and all of the extra work that the audience doesn’t see in planning out and setting up your shots. Sometimes I’ll just pause a video and try to figure out how you got a particular shot, and as someone without a background in videography, it can be a little mind-bending.

Thanks again and stay safe!

3. Michael Frank on July 3, 2020 at 1:35 am

Yo Slim,
    You’re about the only you tube I can get Mama G to sit down and watch. Other than your positive attributes listed in previous messages, she likes you are a camper/traveler person and not a gypsy type traveler person. Whereas I’ll watch nearly anyone with a camper or a tent. (LOL)

I’m curious what you got planned related to 1st Nation folks in the photos above. The virus has shut down a lot of Pow Wows down this way.

Papa G

• Slim Potatohead on July 3, 2020 at 2:11 pm

Hi Papa G, it is a subject that must be handled with respect. I hoped as an observer to express the joy I felt in both their celebration and the sense of the spirit in their sacred places, but the video fell short. Some projects take time, and this one had not yet matured. Thanks! SP

4. Rubens on June 24, 2020 at 5:35 pm

Hey Slim… it’s been a month now that I got to know about your youtube channel.
    During this time I’ve seen almos all of your videos. They are awesome!!!
    Congratulations for this work… inspiring videos.

Regards from Curitiba/Brasil

Rubens

5. Norm on June 19, 2020 at 6:13 am

Hi Slim…I am probably about 12 or 14 years older than you and really enjoy your ability and skills about making things from scratch..I have watched probably 30 or more of your videos..I suppose people are/were curious about your life, what you did /do for a living and I am particularly curious if you have had schooling on engineering for the things you create..I have learned a lot from watching you…I played music for over twenty years professionally and noticed your interest in old music too..My dad played a lot of those same tunes you played on your old record player..We all played music in our family from the time I can remember…What I enjoy most is your laid back, gentle way of talking and teaching.I have a degree in wildlife from Pen State and a degree in Forest Biology from the univ of Montana..I worked in the identification of insects and diseases..of our trees…Your videos show that gentle, quiet, humorous videos can be very interesting and educational…I appreciate all the effort you put into your work..Thank you..and Take care..Norm..